Monday, March 2, 2009

Hello Everyone!!!

Hi Everyone,

I am Vanessa H. Gilyard and this is my blog!!! I am an HR professional from South Florida and I have designed this blog for people in the Human Resource industry (recruiters included), to get together to discuss anything from HR laws, the recession to any jobs that their companies may have available to share.

I am a graduate of Nova Southeastern University with a MS in Human Resource Management and I am a Life Member of Alpha Kappa Psi coed business fraternity. I am also a member of the Human Resource Association of Broward County, American Society of Training and Development and the Society of Human Resource Managment

I will also be posting items that I feel everyone in the HR industry should be aware of and I would appreciate any feedback or discussions from others.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!!!

Vanessa H. Gilyard

2 comments:

  1. Now that the Obama Administration has decided that Companies have an obligation to assist with COBRA payments hence the new requirement that companies pay 65% of the COBRA fees, wondering what you as HR Professionals think about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an HR Professional, I think that is a an idea that should have been put in place ages ago. When people are without work, their health (dental)insurances are threatened. People need to know that there will be security until they become employable again.

    ReplyDelete